Mundane Conversation with Elder People

One episode of me waiting for my mother, I stood in the entrance of Candi Ngempon located in Kelurahan Ngempon, Kecamatan Bergas, Kabupaten Semarang. I parked my ride a little far from the entry way. It was right in the sharp curve of the countryside road. So that I didn't block anyone's from entering or leaving the gate.




Three elder men, who were guarding the entry way, made effort to talk to me and Fitri from afar. They asked if we were college students or old enough to be a worker. Worker, we said. They asked again, if we worked in garment or any factory, he started to mention several factories in the area (Semarang-Ungaran). Yes, mebel/furniture factory, I answered. The men nodded, okay, if both of you wanted a change, you could apply the factory near here: dinnerware, garment, snack factory.

Even though it's a small chit chat between strangers, the elders always make effort to provide life insight to the youngsters. The way they stretch life perspectives, based on their personal experience, and share them is adorable. At least for me. I grew up with late grandmother who was equally taciturn like me, worrying inwardly about family members, took care of her off springs not by talking but behaving; I rarely gotten lesson on how to perceive life.


That reminds me of the experience back in 2017 when my mom and I went to Tlogo Putri Kaliurang  by riding minibus that was full of elder people. They were on the way back to their respective house from local market. They chirped in, talking about what they bought earlier, menu for lunch, the breakfast menu last week, etc. Mundane things, very light and daily topic.

Then, I thought to myself that was how it was for elder people living in rural area. Full of tranquility, superficial satisfaction, yet possessing thick layer of happiness. Maybe it's too premature to capture the happiness level by simply observing them in that minibus trip. However, the peaceful atmosphere engulfed me, made my heart infected by their lightheartedness.

Surrounded by the breath-taking view of greeneries, the trip made me desired to go to explore more about various people with different perspective of life. It was such a healing moment.


CONVERSATION

3 komentar:

www.chicute.com mengatakan...

Your sharing women trend 2020 are useful to me, thanks.

Caroline law mengatakan...

Join - Play - Winner
SahabatQQ

Unknown mengatakan...

Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you recommend any other Beauty Guest Post blogs that go over the same topics? Thanks a ton!

Back
to top