The Story Behind This Photo

The story behind this picture was simple but worth telling.

I didnt wake up at my house, I was at Pratama Homestay Dieng. There were three of us in one room bundled up under the thick blanket---mom, me, fitri---trying to survive one night in 2-3'C weather. It was not unusual the local, but for tropical girl when the room temperature hit 0 C it made me loose some winks of sleep.

Everything is fine. I put on 2 warm tees and sweater on top to sleep. Yes, I wrapped the blanket around me as the final protector of me from cold. Not to mention three layers of socks. Because if your feet is cold, your entire body is cold.

Or maybe I just have bad circulation, eh.

At 5.30am, mom nudged me to wake up and everything's blurred. 10 mins later I was walking to this big field and I could see hundreds of people walked the same direction as I.

What? Why? Where? When? How?

This is the story behind the picture.

We all being sold by social media picture of the frozen dew. We set aside our weekend routine to take trip to Dieng, Wonosobo, Jawa Tengah to see this.

What? Frozen dew
Why? Indonesia is a tropical country but there's snow? Really? I'd like to see it.
Where? Dieng around June - August 2019.
When? After the dawn, before the sun rises at 7AM
How? Don't forget to pack up your camera pocket or DSLR. Because the weather is below 0'C. It's so cold that I cannot even pull off my gloves. Since mobile phone requires tip of  your hand, it's better to use camera so that you can keep your gloves on and take pictures.

The Story Behind This Photo


This photo is the reason why the rope around my torso loosened, it was amazing. The excitement tingled all over my body. I really love this shot: frozen dew wrapping the hay with breathtaking landscape as the background.

I didn't expect this before. It's better off that way. I don't know what to see or what to get. I rarely google any places that I'm going to. Surprise surprise! So, I don't want to get my hopes up. I hate spoilers. 

Kudos to everyone on the trip that I was able to see this with my two eyes. 






Traveling—it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.
- Ibn Battuta



CONVERSATION

0 komentar:

Back
to top