In the Meantime: A Week in Jakarta

My last trip to Jakarta was.... fun.

I didn't get what I wanted but it was fun while it last.



Well, I did have something to do attend back then so I stayed for entire week in my friend's dorm in Jakarta Selatan. I went around when I had leisure time. I quickly learned the road and building near my friend's place so that whenever Gojek driver asked me where it located, I could say confidently that it's near building X or near Y Park.

Lol, I sounded like locals in a week!

Back then, when I did come to that big city, I didn't even know how to reach my friend's place and I trusted Gojek driver to take me home. Although it took 15 minutes late than the usual time.

It's true I spent one evening jogging around the neighborhood. I was lost and my phone lagged. After some lousy lead Google maps (it's not loaded easily, mind you) so I had to stop for more than 1 min to get Google Maps working.

I intended to Lotte Mart Fatmawati in hope that I would get to this big mall where many Kpop stars stepped in. Oh boi. Little did I know. On the way with the Gojek driver (GoCar), I realized my foolishess and texted my friend. 'Well, I mistakenly input Lotte Mart Fatmawati when I wanted to go to other place.' Then, she facepalmed and answered my text while laughing at me.

It was not mall, I guess, it's more like supermarket?? I just went around and went out to think about my next destination.

Surely, as someone who has timid side, I admit that I enjoy wandering alone. Of course, I still felt a little shy to go to one shop and interacted with the attendant. Or I went to this small street vendor to buy something to eat.

I decided to have lunch outside, rather than in the supermarket, because thanks it'd be cheaper. So, I did go this one street vendor and bought a plate of Bakmi Goreng. The sun's schorching hot, so I made sure I ordered fresh drinks: ice orange (?). I knew I looked weird because who ordered lunch before 12 AM alone in street vendor?

But because no one bothered to look at me in pity so I busied myself with gadget and made sure I guarded all my belongings so that no one could touch anything. Beware, it's big city, we're talking about.

Then, I wondered if I could go to any gallery after that.

My friend would suggest all galleries in Jakarta and I picked the one with free entry. /OF COURSE/ I ordered Gojek to Galleri Nasional Indonesia but no one accepted. One driver even rejected my order! It was more than 12 KM, I thought. I gave up just like that.

Don't worry I still have plenty of time, I said to myself.

I gave up and I decided to go to my initial destination: Lotte Mart Shopping Avenue! Ugh, that place reeke money, expensive money. Everywhere I see expensive brand of clothes, bags, and cosmetics. I rolled my eyes all the time. This place was not for me. Why would I bother?

The clock showed it was 3 o'clock and I walked out. Google Maps said my current spot with my friend's place was close so instead of taking Gojek, I walked. True, I walked so that I saw this ITC Semanggi on my way.

Lol, I stepped in and said to myself, well, I should go here rather than LMSA, tbh. /giggled/ I spent almost 1 hrs inside and I went home with light heart.

That's true, my friend, I bought new pair of shoes (black formal ones that I desperately needed for formal occasion) and I patted myself, I made right choice stepping in.

I spent another 1 hr to walk home. That's my exercise that day. A lot of walk.

I put up half of journey in here:


CONVERSATION

0 komentar:

Back
to top