Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe Review

I'm glad I read Aristotle and Dante. Jonghyun, the one who recommended this book, I'm sure he finds a piece of his soul inside the book. You don't know how relieve I am to find that Jonghyun tried to communicate something to his fan through this book.
 
                                                         bookswideopen from instagram

As you can see, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz is not about the famous scientist that we learn on high school. No, it is about Aristotle who is half-Mexican going through his high school year. Maybe, it seems like it's not your actual book. I cannot make you read this book. I read the book via Bookmate, and I gave impression: worthwhile. It means that I truly enjoy the book. It takes 2 days to finish because I'm curious how the ending would be. This is the perfect book for you if you're taking a break from reading a thick book but still want to read something light.

Okay, so, the book begins when Ari (the nickname for Aristotle) sitting on the swimming pool. Some guy offers him how to swim (turns out to be Dante) because Ari looks so reluctant to go into the water. Being a Mexican which is marginal race in US and also weird name, Ari and Dante become close in no time.
The book indeed lead us to discover the secret of universe through Ari's eyes. It is perfect to be read in summer time, well that is for another 10 months, I suppose. Simply because it takes place in summer time. But, no, you can read it anytime.
I must say I'm impressed with how laid back Ari is but he definitely clutch something dark inside him. He has nightmares because of it. Well, who doesn't? But knowing Ari's nature, it is almost impossible for his friends to find out the depth of his mind.
Sounds familiar *smirk*.
I can say I finally find the boy version of myself through Ari. It's true. I can relate to most of his thought and conduct. I constantly read books because I hope I find a piece of myself inside the book, to understand myself better (typical INFP).
(whisper) I read Post Office written by Charles Bukowski and I hate it. I cant relate at all.

The family problem, parents' trauma and understanding, mix with sincere and kindness, is the theme for the book. I truly am glad for Jonghyun lead me to Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz.
I find 24 worth quotes teehee. These are my top 5:

I have a theory about why moms are so strict, it's because they love us.
Sometimes pain was like a storm that came out of nowhere. The clearest summer morning could end in a downpour. Could end in lightning and thunder.
You could smell the rain the desert even before a drop fell. I closed my eyes. I held my hand out and felt the first drop. It was like a kiss. The sky ws kissing me. It was a nice thought.
I think you love him more than you can bear.
We all fight our own private wars.

Playlist:
Oohyo - Youth (Night)
Tory Kelly - Paper Hearts
Twinbed - Trouble I'm In
Skylar Grey - Coming Home Part II
Love Like This - Kodaline

CONVERSATION

0 komentar:

Back
to top