Malice by Keigo Higashino

by Paula from flickr

I just finished reading Malice by Keigo Higashino. I can only sigh, this book is brilliant. Even as brilliant as Silkworm, or maybe more. If you like mystery and murder, I suggest you to read this book.
Keigo Higashino is not ordinary thriller novelist. His work, Devotion of Suspect X, has been made into movie. Or even tv drama? And it's not only popular on his home country, Japan, a publisher translate the book into English and made it into the finalist for the Edgar Award as Best Novel.
While Haruki Murakami, another popular Japanese novelist, dwells on odd imagination and fiction with murder and all that, Keigo Higashino does the real one. Thank God, his books are available in English and I waste no time to read 'em all. 


Malice, the second book after Devotion of Suspect X. Like the title, the main character, Nonoguchi, is indeed has a fine ounce of malice in his soul. Even though, it’s only fictional character but still, he's morally defect. He gambles all his might to produce a perfectly-planned murder. 
Being raised in slump area with complicated parents become the reason behind his action. His childhood marred his personality. Bitter, depressed, and bully gang member. Bully seems to be a common case in high school story. Is it? A few of people I follow in askfm confess to be victims of bullying. I vaguely remember to read about bullying in my early college year. The bullying itself is a foreign term to me. But it did exist. And it severed the victim really bad. Nonoguchi was no exception. He suffered big times. But whatever triggers the action, killing people is wrong.

I want to find out whether the next book, Salvation of a Saint leaves deep impression as Malice does.

You know if you google Keigo Higashino, you can have a full page of his work. I only get to know about his work through Kim Jongin. Who is he? One of EXO member, Korean boy group. He becomes the 14 sexiest male in the world according to this. He is also one of avid reader (screaming). I did read his book reference before, it's Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. Did I write the review? I dont think so. But I also like that book.

Quote:

"Dont get so hot under the collar."
"People do change; and usually not for the better."

CONVERSATION

0 komentar:

Back
to top