![]() |
| Panti Wreda Semarang |
It was always in the back of my mind to go volunteering. And since social media is so massive nowadays, like, really massive, you can practically find any concert tickets or bags or things, even volunteering opportunities now are all over the thread and it's a magical thing when i found that someone inviting Semarang citizen to join her event.
What's funny is that I was contemplating to reach this person because what if the venue was too far, what if the venue was this, or that. But then, I found out that it was at Panti Wredha Rindang Asih II right 2 kilometers from my house. Wow!
The person, Mba Inung, was literally impulsive about this event. First, she's new to town, not having that many acquaintances here. I think it's her extroverted side that nudge her to spend her weekend outside, rather than resting at her dorm. Probably her love for social work also give her a chance to go on social visit, last month (June) she went to visit Rumah Surga Semarang with several of her close friends, and fast forward to this month, she decided on the date & place and then went online and asked users on thread to come and join her journey.
Viva social media!
![]() |
| Team leader and the winner |
One thing I admire the most about the elders who lives in the senior home, there are so many factors that they end up together with people their age. There are so many reasons for them to scowl/resent the place and to the people who visit them once (probably me included), but no, the reaction I get from yesterday is far from that.
They were all ecstatic to see foreign faces (me and the team). As long as they got their karaoke slot, they're willing to see what we got on our sleeves. Haha.
We bought balloons and cups for games. We know about their limited movement, so the team leader decided on turning the cups and touched the paper. It's enough to give them an activity before lunch. And some of the Opa (elderly man) were not keen on games and just talked to one of us.
I took the last table with full with Opa, two in chairs and the other two also in chairs but willingly to join the games. Hihi. Contrary to my initial believe, I found myself interacting naturally with them. I usually was on the introverted side, my shyness tended to be the one that limiting myself, now I found myself just casually talked to them.
Opa from different table was surprised because our team was all-girl team and he immediately shouted, "Thank you girls, I strongly hope you guys find your soulmate after this. After you go and leave this place, I sincerely hope you guys find the one!!!"
We were taken aback and I found it silly cause it's not that easy to find some kind of guy to link up, but then... I tried to put me in his shoes, from a perspective of someone living in senior home, watching us girls visiting them and take time to hang out with them, I found that me too would wish all good things happen to these youngsters.
Again, so many factors that they ended up living together in a senior home, far away from family. It definitely soften your heart. But above all, I am so touched they think about what good wishes. All elders I met along the way always gave a good advice and wish. That, from me with words of affirmation as a love language, I am incredibly grateful.
My heart is full.
Donating ✅
Volunteering ✅
![]() |
| Thank you to sweet souls (me, Dinda, Inung, Nita, Helmi) |
Onto the the next chapter woohooo ✈️



0 komentar:
Posting Komentar